Wednesday, August 6, 2008
The milestones of potty training.
It is so funny how you get all excited about potty training when you are a parent. We had started potty training Addison several months ago, but it seemed like everything we were ready to sit down and get down to business she was either sick, teething, moving, or something that would make for a bad potty training experience. Well, we are finally cracking down on it and things seem to be going well. I have been working with Addison when I get off work and on my days off. So far was have had a few pees and last night was her first "number 2" in the potty! She was a bit scared at first, but after we talked her through it she did okay. Well, after her "number 2" last night, she kept running to the potty and saying "poopy" and sitting on the seat, getting up and looking to see if she did anything. I think that after she could really see the evidence in the potty last night, it really clicked and we are on the right track!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Caden has been wearing underwear now for about a month, and it is definitely a process. I don't know how some kids do it in one day, but they do get the hang of it and then "fall off the wagon" a little bit. You just have to be consistent! Good luck!
Owen has been very successful! He was just ready and decided he wanted to use the "big potty". Yeah a few accidents, but he has handled it well. He came running into the bedroom last night, night diaper in hand yelling "I did it, yeah!" He was jumping up and down so excited. When we went to get his pjs on we realized he had gone poop in the big toliet all by himself without any prodding and was so excited! Now we have to work on the wiping part.......
Good luck potty training! I'm not a big fan of that aspect of parenting. i don't know why I didn't think to check out your blog. This is fantastic! Forget myspace! Are you very excited to be back in Oregon? That's great. I can't wait to see some pictures, and congrats on baby number 2, when do you find out the gender?
Post a Comment