Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ear Infections

Addison has been plaqued with several ear infections over the past few months. So, I have been trying to get her referred to ENT for the we can get her evaluated to see if she needs tubes in her ears. Well, Addison got an ear infection about 3 weeks ago and they refused to refer Addison to ENT at this time, they said she needed to have at least another ear infection. I was thinking, "oh that won't be a problem!". Turns out Addison got another ear infection yesterday and we went to see a different Dr, as her primary has been our on maternity leave and we are bouncing around right now. This particular Dr was fabulous, in fact I wanted her to be Addison's primary but she is full and not accepting new patients and hasn't been since Addison was born. She put in a referral to ENT and Audiology and Addison goes in to see Dr. Brock with ENT (my favorite ENT Dr!) next Thursday and then has an appointment with Audiology in early November. I do not wish Addison to have tubes put in her ears, as I see them done on babies every day, but i do not wish her to have multiple ear infections either and would like to remedy the situation ASAP! Lets hope we get things cleared up soon and we'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you know she will be in good hands.