
Addison feeding the goats at Draper Girls Farm-Hood River Fruit Loop

Brian, Addison & I at Draper Girls Farm-Hood River Fruit Loop
It seems like we have just been non stop the past few weekends and have really enjoyed it! Brian, Addison and I went to the fruit loop (a loop of almost 40 orchards) in Hood River with Jeff, Cheryl, Debbie, Terry, Terry's nephew and girlfriend, and the Stahl family. We had to much fun tasting all of the different apples and pears, but I really enjoyed the Packer Cookie Stop where there was cookie tasting! We came home with 20+ lbs of apples and plan to make apple pie, apple crisp, maybe some apple butter and apple sauce. I had so much fun that this past weekend I invited my sister and mom to check it out. We made a few stops and really enjoyed looking at all of the lovely fall colors through the gorge and on the way back down Mt. Hood, it was gorgeous!
On Saturday night Brian, Addison and I went with my sister to Aurora to have dinner with my dad and Dianne at the home of one of my dad's former high school friends. We had some delicious fajitas (my dad made the meat from the cattle he raised) and Addison had a good time playing with the dogs and loved all of the attention from everyone else!
Sunday I finished a super soft baby blanket for my new nephew Max and nearly completed the blanket for our new little one. I also made homemade pumpkin bread from my own pumpkin puree, baked cupcakes and decorated them like pumpkins and made cheese balls to take to Brian's aunt's house for dinner that night. All of us including Jeff, Cheryl, Brandon, Shelby and Cooper went to Brian's Aunt Brinda's house for dinner. We had a nice time visiting and catching up and all of the food was yummy too! Addison had lots of fun playing with Brian's cousin Amanda and Aunt Brinda. She was so worn out that she fell asleep on the way home and didn't even wake up when we pulled her out of the carseat!
We are looking forward to Halloween this week and a low key weekend to come.

2 comments:
My goodness, you need to have a low key weekend! I'm exhausted just reading what you did! I want to do the fruit loop really bad. My parents usually just go to one orchard out there, but I'm going to try and convince them to do the whole thing :) When is your baby due? You must be getting excited to have 2 little ones!
Sounds like you really enjoying being back around your family and friends. You are so busy!!! Are you still working? I have transferred to Presby Plano and taken a clinical educator position. There is so much less stress.
Post a Comment