Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter!

This year we had a few different Easter celebrations.  First, we celebrated the Sunday before "real" Easter with Brian's brother's family.  They invited us over to visit and enjoy a nice dinner.  The kids had lots of fun playing!

Then, on Saturday (the day before Easter) we met up with our friends Mike and Jenapher and their two boys, Mason and Morgan, for the Alpenrose Dairy Easter Egg Hunt.  Wow, was that place busy, according to the news there were 10,000 people there!  Brian attended the 3 year old hunt with Kennedy (yes, I realize she is only 2 but they didn't have a hunt for kids under 3), which was pure madness.  Brian said there were adults pushing kids out of the way to get the eggs w/ the prizes taped to them.  Addison attended the 4 year old hunt with Mason and Morgan, which was equally as crazy.  However, unlike Kennedy, Addison scored quite a few chocolate eggs (which she shared with Kennedy) and she won a pink ball.  Then it was time for the mom's hunt. I didn't know this until we had already decided to go to this Easter Egg Hunt, but there are some pretty luxurious prizes for the mom's, including a weekend at the beach, spa services, gift certificates to restaurants, and oh, did I forget to mention a pair of diamond earrings!!!  Well, let's just say that I didn't win any of them, but Jenapher did win a pie from Shari's :)  People were pushing to get to the front of the start line and were just plain ruthless.  I couldn't believe that there were some pregnant women, in their 3rd trimester might I add, out there, which to me was just plain crazy!  All in all, we had a good time, although I would have to say that I am not sure we will be doing it again next year!

On Easter, Brian and I hosted brunch at our house.  I had a great time doing this!  My dad was able to come from Elgin, my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew Cooper were in attendance, and Brian's parents as well.  My sister made a delicious hash brown casserole, which I need to get the recipe for (hint, hint), I tried out a new recipe for overnight blueberry French toast that I will definitely make for the next brunch I host....yum!  Aside from all of the yummy food, the kids were able to hunt eggs in the house and come up with LOTS of candy!  We sure enjoyed spending Easter with our family, thank you to all who were able to share it with us, you mean a lot to us!











No comments: