Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Run, Run, Run, it's Fun, Fun, Fun!




My girlfriend Jenapher told me last year that her goal was to run a half marathon by the end of the year and I said, "I'll join you!".  Well, I am not much of a runner, I have done a 5k here and there, but definitely not a runner.  At first I was a bit hesitant about this, but am starting to get into it....only to find out that I likely won't be completing a half marathon by the end of the year due to my pregnancy, but I do plan to keep plugging along until I find it difficult to continue.

Thus far Jenapher and I have completely The Shamrock Run 5k and Race for the Roses 5k.  Our next run is a week from Sunday, the Cinco de Mayo 5k.  It seems that the more runs we go on, the more followers we have, or so to speak.  Since The Shamrock Run, we have had Jenapher's husband Mike and Brian's mom and aunt join us for the Race for the Roses, and not only will they all be joining us for the Cinco de Mayo run, but Brian will as well!  It is quite fun and motivating.  I am hoping to sign up for an 8k or 10k run after this so that I can progress as far as I can in the time that I have allotted before baby decides otherwise ;)  Wish us luck!

No comments: