Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sewing Extravaganza




I have been spending a great deal of my free time, mostly after the girls are in bed, sewing.  I always make a cuddly soft baby blanket for my babies and for my nieces and nephews, and this time around is no exception!  I like to use 2 different minky fabrics (the ones that are kind of plush and super soft) and 2 different flannel fabrics and try to match their bedding.  Since making my first few blankets I have discovered an easier way to find the matching flannel fabrics that just going to the fabric store, and that is to go to Target, Babies R Us, etc and buy a 4 pack of flannel receiving blankets that match or are the same theme as the bedding.  I first did this for my sister's son Cooper and it turned out really well and have tried to do so since then.  The one thing that I have found in doing this, is that I use 2 of the 4 receiving blankets and then have 2 left over.  Well, this time around I got creative and decided to buy some towel fabric and am making double sided burp cloths and wash cloths/reusable cloth baby wipes.  This has turned out to be a nice use of the extra fabric and they are super cute!  The cloth baby wipes will be especially nice for us since we are doing cloth diapers again with Mr. Jack :)

No comments: