So, many of you are probably wondering about the new addition to our family due in February, as I haven't really talked much about anything other than Addison lately. Oooopps, I guess I have been slacking there!
Well, I am now 33 weeks along with about 7 weeks remaining in my pregnancy. Everything has been going great! The only problem that I have been having is with my back, which is to be expected being that not only am I 33 weeks pregnant and carrying extra weight, but I also have a previous L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc injury, as well as pain stemming from the injuries sustained from the rear end accident we were in when I was pregnant with Addison. However, my back pain has been much better than I had anticipated. I have been sleeping well and am still working and plan to work until I deliver in early February. I figure I am better off being at work than at home, especially since I work right next door to the labor and delivery department.
As you may know, we are pretty sure that we are having a girl, but again couldn't determine there wasn't anything between the legs, so we are planning for a girl and who knows, maybe we'll be surprised. If indeed she is a girl we will name her Kennedy Keaton. Where did we come up with the name? There is no significance, just a name that both Brian and I liked. We haven't bought anything new since we pretty much kept everything from when Addison was a baby. Although, we still have some preparing to do. Brian and I need to get to storage and find all of the baby stuff and decide what we want to use and what should be retired. I am also thinking that I would like to get a different baby carrier (sling) or at least one that Brian will use too. I suppose we should get a special outfit to take her home in as well, since that is a special event specific to each child. I need to buy more diaper covers and cloth diapers since I didn't keep those from Addison which I am kicking myself for! I got rid of them when we were having our garage sale in Texas just didn't want to haul them back with us. We are not going to use the diaper service like last time, I am going to launder the diapers myself. So, that's about all we have to do and really need to do it soon, since really the possibility of having the baby sooner is definately something that could happen and I would have to be caught off guard and not ready, since I am such a planner!
I am planning to take 3 months off with this baby too, but we will see if that financially possible when the time comes. Addison will be home with us, but I do plan to send her to daycare 1 day a week so that she still have the interaction with the other kids. I think that Addison is going to be a great big sister. She loves her little cousin and loves playing with baby dolls (she pretends to feed them and cuddles with them). However, I think that there will be some jealousy issues and she may try to play with the baby as if she is bigger and more durable than she is. It should be an adventure!
I am excited for the delivery this time, especially since we have a higher quality camera than when Addison was born, so I am sure there will be pictures galore! I am a little nervous though now that I have worked as a newborn nurse. I think that I am going to be one of those moms that wants to do everything like the first bath and all of that, but I know that is not my job to do, so I will have to do my best to sit on my hands. I will keep you all posted with any further developments.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment