Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Brian, Addison and I had a nice Thanksgiving. I spent the morning making a Pumpkin Pie (my favorite!) and then went to Brian's parent's house for dinner. We watched the Cowboys football game and ate a really yummy dinner! Brian's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Terry also joined us for dinner.

I spent the remainder of the evening looking at the sale ads trying to decide what I would send Cheryl out to get me for Addison, as I would not be able to go since I had to spend 4 hours at the lab getting my blood drawn for my glucose testing. I was not thrilled about spending so much time at the lab and not being able to leave, but it turned out not to be all that bad. I brought along a book that I was sucked into reading with me to read and the time just flew by. It turned out that my labs were just fine, so I don't have gestational diabetes. Yay!!!

Brian had the opportunity to go the Civil War game on Saturday while I watched the game with his parents and brother back at home. It turned out to be a disappointing game for those of us Beaver fans, but it was still nice to watch and I was glad Brian was able to go and spend time with his friends.

The rest of the weekend we just stayed home relaxed. I finished reading the 2nd and 3rd book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series. Wow, I jumped right and I nearly couldn't put the books down! Now I understand what everyone was making such a big fuss over :) I didn't return to work until Tuesday, so I had a nice long 5 day weekend and it sure was hard to go back after that.

No comments: