Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tis the Season.....For Snow!!!!


My car encased in ice.


The trail Brian dug to get the car out.


Brian digging his way out.


The play structure covered in snow.


Huge snowflakes falling Christmas afternoon.

We had an eventful Christmas week due to the "inclement weather" that the Portland news stations deemed an "arctic blast". First it started snowing on Addison's birthday and caused for a bit of a frenzy for the Portland Metro Area. However, Brian and I both managed to get to work on Monday in our sedan cars sans snow tires. The weather really took a turn for the worse and this past weekend we began to get snow that actually stuck around and it just kept coming down. My work ended up closing on Monday, but Brian was a trooper and dug my car out.....after about 2 hours he was on his way to work (with the help to Uncle Greg for coming over and plowing out a path in his Jeep), only this time we had chains on our tires (thanks to Brian's parents). Brian drove me to work on Tuesday and we played musical cars all day with me ending up picking Brian up at midnight only to turn around and get up at 5:00 AM to drive myself to work. By the afternoon of Christmas Eve the 18 inches of snow began to melt....in most areas....and we are now dealing with the slush. Again we are now getting more snow, for a truly "White Christmas". We are hoping that it doesn't freeze into a sheet of ice, but we will see. We are truly glad that my Audi A4, which has all wheel drive, has been able to get us around the past few days, however we can't say the same for Brian's BWM 325. It has been sitting covered in snow and encased in a sheet of ice for the better part of a week.

I would much rather have snow than rain....but treking around in 18 inches is starting to get old. I want my regular shoes back instead of these rubber boots I have been relying on to keep my feet dry and warm. We'll see what we have in store in the weeks to come. Regardless, I will continue to make my way in to work no matter the amount of snow....unless it is obviously dangerous....as I am better off being at work right next to Labor and Delivery in the event that I go into labor, as it is a real reality being that I only have 5 1/2 weeks left!

No comments: