This weekend we really started getting ready for our new addition. Wow, so many little things to do that I had forgotten about. Brian went to storage and got out most of the stuff that we need, with the exception of a few esential items, like the cosleeper, bath tub (which I can't remember if we kept or not), bouncer, the box of my favorite newborn clothes, and all of our baby blankets. So I guess that means another trip to storage is in order. Easier said than done. Unfortunately some large furniture needs to be moved in order to get into our storage unit (I wouldn't know...I haven't even seen our storgae!) so that means that Brian has to bring a helper with him when he goes. What a pain! I am hoping that we can get that done this coming weekend.
However, we did uncover the stroller, carseat & bases, and 2 boxes of clothes. I sifted through the clothes and retired a few items and washed the rest of them. It turns out we have a ton of 3-6 month clothes and not so much 0-3 or newborn (except for tons of sleepers!) which I suspect are in the missing box somewhere in storage along with all of the swaddling blankets.
I am finding little things here and there that I still need, but nothing major. I got the cloth diaper covers last week and the cloth diapers should arrive this Wednesday. I am still needing the diaper can liner and a travel wet bag to put the dirty diapers in when we go on outing and to daycare. I need the bottles for my breastpump, along with the milk storage bags, a new pump kit, and bottle sterilizer. other than that, I think we need a few clothing items that I can think of. So, I would say we are at least 50% ready and should be nearly 100% after this weekend.
As for myself...I started packing my bag for the big day, but am not completely ready. I need a pair of pajamas to take with me to the hospital and just need to throw my toiletries in my bag when it's time. The baby has dropped and I am getting more and more uncomfortable. I go back to my midwife a week from today, so I should find out if anything is happening. I am hoping to hold out until 1/21 so that I will have my partially paid leave benefits active...not to mention, it would be nice to have this one born under Obama rather than Bush. But, as you and I both know, the baby will come on her own terms.
Will let keep you posted on any updates as they develop.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Happy New Year! If you were still here in Texas you could wear your regular shoes. It was 80 on Saturday but we barely made it above freezing yesterday. I am so impressed with your handy work, the squash book, the dress, and the cake. I do not know how you find time to do it all. I new you were a great nurse but now through your blog I am able to see all your other talents. I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby! I wish we had got to know each other more when you were here in Texas.
Dawn
Post a Comment